The Alliance of Forest Service Volunteers is dedicated to supporting Tonto National Forest, and the U.S. Forest Service in their mission of "Caring for the Land and Serving People”. The Alliance is a non-profit Arizona Corporation and operates this website in support of the Mesa Ranger District volunteer program.
The purposes for which the Alliance is organized are:
- To assist the United States Forest Service in maintaining, protecting, and restoring the natural and cultural resources and the scenic beauty of our forest lands for the enjoyment and use of present and future generations
- To assist in educating the public on the use and appreciation of the forest and it’s resources
- To help identify and recruit volunteers
- To help promote volunteerism within Tonto National Forest and the U.S. Forest service by training volunteer team leaders
- To identify and explore innovative ways to implement successful volunteer programs within Tonto National Forest and the Forest Service
To accomplish our mission, we will:
If you need to contact the webmaster for this site, you can reach him HERE.
- Help identify, recruit, and offer opportunities for volunteers to serve that are compatible with their skills and interests
- Foster a “team” approach that recognizes the limited staffing levels in the Forest Service, and embraces the concept of friends working together
- Promote the development of volunteer leaders by helping train volunteers and volunteer leaders so they can understand and effectively fulfill their responsibilities
- Interact with members of the public in a way that promotes good community and public relations for the Alliance and the U.S. Forest Service